Saturday, August 19, 2006

 

Leaving on a Jet Plane

18 August -- We board buses around noon today to begin the long trek to Christchurch, New Zealand. We'll travel for close to 24hours, losing a day across the dateline. We arrive in Christchurch on Sunday morning. Right now we are scheduled to depart for the Ice on their Tuesday or 22 August. I'm SO excited to see the continent. Already planning my lamb dinner while in NZ. I'm told there are more sheep in NZ than anywhere. Soon to see for myself. Will not have a lot of time on this trip to see much of NZ, that will be saved for my return in Feb. Cheers! Don't forget, you can post comments to my entries if you like OR you can email me at: amber_kwaj@hotmail.com

Comments:
Hey there, globetrotter! This blog is a wonderful idea to keep us posted on your travels. We miss you back here, but share your excitement as well. Godspeed Amber on her journey!
 
Wait! Don't leave for the ice before telling us about the lamb dinner!!!

We miss you so much - I keep talking to you over the wall, but no one answers :(

Take care, and travel safe!
 
So exciting! Hope your journey is uneventful and they look after you well on the flight.

Enjoy your first tastes of NZ - lamb or not! Wish I was there...

Have a safe trip & update us soon!
 
Well this is my second attempt. I think I might have created my own blog somehow as what I wrote disappeared completely! I will attempt this and if it works well, try to recreate my original message! Hope all is well and your having safe travels! ~ Nancy
 
It seems like you've been gone for so long already!! Heard Wise sing at a party a couple of weekends ago. He was terrifc. Hope all is well in NZ!
 
Thanks for the posts. I'm here on the Ice. -28F when I arrived. It is unbelievable though, just breathtaking. It's my face that gets the coldest. ALl else is doing fine except my feet sweat from heavy socks and boots, then they get wet, yada-yada... I'll figure it out.
 
You won't believe this. I didn't eat the damn lamb. Another guy on my trip convinced me that I simply had to eat Indian in Christchurch, and you know what. It was fabulous. : )
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?