Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

Top of the "Ob"


27 Aug -- Like the "Top of the Hop" in Hanover, this is the Top of the "Ob" or the Hill. The cross was erected for a fallen explorer, not sure which one. I was too nervous to walk over and read the plaque. I'm literally gripping the cross to hold on and brace against the wind. While the hike wasn't very long or high, it was the steepest climb I'v ever done; and, the footing was so slick with the snow which really is like styrofoam on top of this volcanic rock that falls apart quickly.

Comments:
Wow, is that really you under all those cloths? What a great adventure! Beautiful pictures. I love this Blog thing. Great way to keep us all up to date on all of your fun! Thank you.
 
Yeah, it's me. I know seriously, today I'm walking around town with big red on, my insulated carhartt bib overalls, long johns, hat, goggles, gloves. I felt like I was waddling like a penguin.
 
Hello Likatu,

Nice pics.It is Beautiful out there.Wish I was there with you :)
 
Wish you were here with me too La-Wise. You could've been!

Audra, great to reconnect. Your house looks amazing, we're coming to visit. : )
 
Amber, We had quite a meeting here today at work and I have to tell you that your absense has been fully recognized (and now significantly documented within an Op's meeting) and felt by everyone here! You are truly missed!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Martha, yes a Big Red would've been helpful in our freezing cubicles. I should send you one. : ) Hope EHS is doing well, send my regards.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?