Monday, October 02, 2006
Cape Evans and the Emperors



02 October -- So yesterday, most of my Kwaj friends went out on a "Winter-Over" Prioritized Trip to Cape Evans, located way out on the Sea Ice. They drove out in a couple of Deltas, large passenger vehicles designed to drive on the ice. The weather was fantastic, after several weeks of crappy storms. Along the way, they had a rare (for this time of year) sighting of 9 Emperors. Yes, same kind as you would find in March with the Penguins. Enjoy the pics, courtesy of my friend Sonya Sava.
Comments:
<< Home
Where can i get my hands on one of those Delta's? It looks like the perfect north country deer huntin' rig.
Amber, I just saw your website for the first time. Congrats on such a wonderful experience that few will ever have! I think mom's sending you something...
Yo cuz, these things are ancient, not sure if there worth their shipping costs. They are monster, tank-like machines.
Stacy, great to hear from you. Your mom is so considerate, please pass along my thank yous. I hear you've been up to a bit of traveling yourself, if you have time send some pics along, I'd love to see. Take care.
Post a Comment
<< Home

