Monday, October 09, 2006
Erebus at Sunset


09 October -- A view of the sun setting on Erebus at sunset from the trek up Ob Hill. A pic of Cindy and I as we were coming down Ob Hill. One of the things I'm enjoying most about being here is the hiking/trekking. I've had little to no experience with hiking in the winter and have really begun to develop an appreciation for it. Figuring how much clothing to wear to stay warm, yet not so much that you sweat. The right kind of shoes. How to keep water from freezing. How to keep your face protected but also be able to breathe. Fogging goggles. There really are some tricks to this gig. It's also a treat to be able to do this type of hiking within such close range to town and at night. I mean soon we'll be applying sun screen to go out at night, how weird is that?