Monday, October 16, 2006
Happy Camper


16 October -- At the Green Flag Camp, the other camp, the group had a bunch of Norwegians in the crew. They are here helping to support one of the Weddell Seal Scientific Studies. Needless to say, these people know how to camp in the cold. Their snow wall was amazing. It was huge, the blocks were all uniformly cut, they were straight and well organized. They had their tents all lined up nicely, they even brought their own Norwegian flag. The Red Flag Camp, of which I was a member, really looked like the Bad News Bears in comparison. It was rather amusing to witness. You can see Mt. Erebus again in the background, smoking as usual.
Comments:
<< Home
Martha -- Oh, give Wise an extra calendar so he can mail me one. I have mine with me here, it's up in my room -- I love it. Yep, there's a good chance that come Dec/Jan, it will be warmer here than there! Isn't that a crazy tought? I do love the sunshine but it is SO weird going home at 10pm when it seems like mid-afternoon. I would LOVE to see the new house, I'm so thrilled for you. Hi to all!
Post a Comment
<< Home
