Saturday, December 30, 2006
Blowin' Things Up


A few weeks ago I got to blow some s#$t up. Our explosives expert, Marty, let me hit the trigger switch for a blasting project they are doing near our Science Support Center. They are blasting the rock/debris in preparation for the upcoming expansion to the facility. Marty and his crew set the explosives during the day. Then, the Fire Department shuts down the road for the blast. Five, four, three, two, one -- Fire in the Hole... It was SO cool, yes just like an 8-year child would think. The guys on the radio said all they could hear was the "Fire in the Hole" followed by giggling. We had 100% success on our blast and they even let me take home a fired blasting cap, I wonder if the dogs will catch that in their sniffs through the airport security?!?! Hmm... So many unique things can be done at the bottom of the world. The pics show me holding the detonation device and then Marty going down to inspect and clear the area; safety you know...
Comments:
<< Home
That sounds like a blast (yes the pun is intended). I hope you get to blow some things up for New Years too. I don't understand how you go from playing with big blue balls to blowing things up. I guess when I think of big blue balls I think of blowing up ;)
Skippy
HAPPY NEW YEAR
Skippy
HAPPY NEW YEAR
: ) Skippy you have to come here, this place is such a trip. New Year's was spent at Icestock (pics to come on that) then to the bars then to a rave in an abandoned fuel tank (no pics on that one : )
Happy New Year to you... I know the blue balls things was so abstract/bizarre and yet people get PAID to do that shit.
Cheers,
Happy New Year to you... I know the blue balls things was so abstract/bizarre and yet people get PAID to do that shit.
Cheers,
SO have you found a new career path? Glad to hear all is well and keep up the posts and picts.
TOM-Ex-Kwajer
TOM-Ex-Kwajer
Yes Tom I'm trying to join you in the world of EOD/Launch Ordnance : )
I love your blogs, keep them comin' with pics. I would LOVE to get over to M.E. at some point.
BEst to HEather
A
Post a Comment
I love your blogs, keep them comin' with pics. I would LOVE to get over to M.E. at some point.
BEst to HEather
A
<< Home

