Monday, January 15, 2007

 

Scott's Hut Run


Last weekend I ran the Scott's Hut Race, a 5-miler. It starts at our chapel and goes down to Scott's Discovery Hut, then up hill (all the way) and into the wind, to the top of the Scott Base Hill, then it turns around and goes back to Scott's Hut, back up the hill for the SECOND time, finishing back at the Chapel. It was a glorious day but I have to tell you, I hate running hills to begin with, and this was a race all about the hills. In the pic this would be my second time going up the hill. In the background you can see the Swedish Ship, the Oden, which is in our channel -- formerly our Ice Runway -- breaking the sea ice for the vessels.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?