Monday, June 25, 2007

 

New Zealand


After our plane ride from Down Under back to CHC we had to first go to the CDC to return our ECW gear. We arrived at 2am to CHC. Everyone said the smells and stars would be the most memorable. Well, certainly the stars, trees and green grass were. My first smell was of diesel at the airport which really wasn't that new given that there were plenty of diesel smells in MacTown. We definitely enjoyed a long slumber that night. Cindy and I spent a couple of days unwinding by taking long strolls around Christchurch, eating lot's of yummy food, and I enjoyed some nice runs in the park -- finally in shorts. We would go to the CDC to get the summer clothes and travel gear that we had mailed down before going to the Ice and which RPSC kept in storage for us. Then, I mailed home all of the stuff I didn't need and was ready to spend a month backpacking before meeting up with the Wiseman in Fiji. THis is a pic of the Cathedral Square in Christchurch, the main city centre were many things diverge from. I found CHC to be a beautiful city with lots of great restaurants, shops, parks and things to do.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?