Sunday, July 01, 2007
First Night on the Trek
This is the hut or private cottage we stayed at the first night. By we, I really mean me. There was a nother woman from Antarctica on the Trek with me but she would be doing it in 5=days versus 3 so other than this first night together, I was really on my own. There was a nice young pair of Israeli's who were on the trek with me as well but we didn't really hike much together. In fact when out on the trails it was very solitary, me and the sheep. It was so nice though after such a long few months, a great way to digest and really unwind to reflect on time spent on the Ice. This first night I slept in a stargazers but which was really a plywood like lean-to with a plexiglass roof so that you could see the stars. Oh my were there stars, just gorgeous. Also, here you can see a view down the valley into the peninsula. I was so lucky to have such warm and rainfree weather.